Saturday, 22 April 2017

Review - Conflagration by Adam Quinn

I was excited to have the chance to review a novella written by the son of one one of my fav authors Susan Kaye Quinn. It took a little longer than I would have liked, due to the painkillers knocking me around, but I've finished the book and posted the review up on Amazon.

www.amazon.com/Adam-Quinn/e/B01K5FQLY8
I am new to the worlds of Adam Quinn, and his novella, Conflagration, was the perfect platform to jump right into the midst of things. There was no real disadvantage for readers, like myself, that are not familiar with the Drive Maker series, as Adam has provided just enough background information to keep newbies in the loop, while providing enough intrigue that I definitely need to read the other books in the series to find out more. Fast paced, with a few twists and turns, I didn't want to put the book down. I honestly don't recall being drawn this much to a Space Opera since Anne McCaffrey's "The Ship Who Sang" series. On another note, the cover is outstanding; too many covers have a cookie cutter look to them, which is a pet peeve of mine, but this one stands out. I look forward to reading more of the Driver Maker series. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment